Finally, the international multi-sport competition among athletes from continental Europe, the 2nd European Games will be held. This European match will convene from June 21 to June 30, 2019, in the Republic of Belarus. This event is a four-yearly event under the European Olympic Committees (EOC). The match between athletes in the European Continent will include 15 sports and eight of them will be qualified for the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo in 2020.
For this 2nd European match, the EOC formed a working group to coordinate the host selection process for this match. Many countries are willing to host 2019 Europian Games such as Russia, Turkey, the Netherlands, and several other countries. After the 2016 EOC General Assembly meeting, finally, Minsk was chosen as the host for the 2019 Europian Games final match. The 2019 Europian Games are expected to be attended by 4,000 athletes from various countries in Europe. About 2,000 trainers and officers will represent official delegations from 50 European National Olympic committees, and matches will be assessed by 650 international judges and 410 national judges. During this event, it is estimated that there will be 1,000 media crews as representatives of foreign countries will cover in Minsk. Also, around 8,000 volunteers who will be involved in the upcoming 2019 European Games.
The following are the places that will be the venue for the 2019 European Games in Minsk:
- Dynamo Stadium (athletics; the opening and closing ceremonies)
- Minsk Arena (artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, acrobatics, aerobics, trampoline, and track cycling)
- Sports Palace (sambo, Greco-Roman wrestling, freestyle wrestling, women’s wrestling)
- Olympiysky Sports and Recreation Center (beach soccer, archery)
- Falcon Club sports and entertainment center (badminton)
- Chizhovka Arena (judo, karate)
- Sporting Club sports and shooting center (skeet shooting)
- Marshal Timoshenko Sports and Shooting Center (gun shooting)
- Tennis Palace (table tennis)
- Palova Arena (3 × 3 basketball)
- Rowing canal in Zaslavl (rowing and canoeing)
- Uruchye sports center (boxing)
- Minsk Football Indoor Center (press center)
For additional information, the Dinamo Stadium reopened on June 21, 2018, after a significant renovation. This stadium will also host the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2019 European Olympics and athletic tournaments.
You can buy tickets for the 2019 Europian Games in Minsk since December 1, 2018, then through the website www.minsk2019.ticketpro.by. Residents of any country can purchase this ticket. For Belarusians, tickets can be purchased directly at TicketPro’s official box office and official agents in Europe. Ticket prices start from 2 euros to 50 euros. For opening events, tickets range from 30 Euros – 123 Euros, depending on the category you choose (standard to VIP) and for closing events, tickets are available from 40 Euros to 61 Euros.
The opening and closing ceremony reportedly will present a unique experience for the audience who is attending at the Stadium. The 2019 Minsk European Games this time provide a total of 375,000 tickets and can be more according to the demand. It is estimated that ticket requests will reach 535,000 tickets during 111 sports sessions that will take place.